Ingredients...For the Chicken:
2 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized chunks
1 tsp soy sauce
1 egg yolk
1 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch
2-3 tablespoon olive oil, for frying
4 thinly sliced scallions, set aside to serve
Ingredients...For the Sauce:
1 large lemon, zest and juice
2 tbsp sugar
1/4 cup water
1 tsp cornstarch
salt and freshly ground black pepper
(1) Put the chicken in a small bowl and toss with the soy sauce. Leave to marinate for 30 minutes.
To make the sauce:
(2) Whisk together the lemon zest. lemon juice, sugar, water and cornstarch in a small saucepan.
(3) Bring to a boil, whisking constantly until thickened, then lower heat to keep warm.
(4) Heat the olive oil in a large heavy-based saucepan.
(5) Whisk together the egg yolk and cornstarch in a small bowl to make a batter.
(6) Dip the chicken in the batter and transfer to frying pan for 3-4 minutes on each side until golden brown and cooked through.
(7) Place on a plate and spoon the warm lemon sauce over the chicken.
(8) Spread the scallions over the whole dish before serving.
Makes 3 servings.
Source: simpleanddeliciouschickenrecipes.blogspot.com (adapted from yummly.com)