A quick and easy chicken dish that's sure to please the whole family. It takes only 10 minutes to prepare and 30 minutes to bake. Whip up a box of instant mashed potatoes or rice for a great side dish and you're set!
1/2 cup butter
4 garlic cloves, minced
3/4 cup dry bread crumbs
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
1/4 teaspoon dried parsley
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/8 teaspoon salt
8 boneless, skinless, chicken breasts, halfed and pounded thin
(1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
(2) Melt butter in a saucepan over low heat, and cook garlic cloves until tender, approximately 5 minutes. Transfer mix to a shallow bowl.
(3) In a separate shallow bowl, mix bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, Cheddar cheese, parsley, oregano, pepper, and salt.
(4) Dip each chicken breast in the garlic butter mix to coat, then press into the bread crumb mixture.
(5) Arrange the coated chicken breasts in a 9x13 inch baking dish an inch apart.
(6) Drizzle with any remaining garlic butter over chicken and top with any remaining bread crumb mixture.
(7) Bake for 30 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear.
Makes 4 servings.
Source: simpleanddeliciouschickenrecipes.blogspot.com (adapted from allrecipes.com)